Firework Safety Tips
- Protect yourself with safety glasses or by seeking cover behind a large object.
- Respect the sparklers. The American Academy of Pediatrics reports that half of fireworks injuries involve kids under age 15. Of those, 65 percent are caused by common fireworks like sparklers.
- Don’t put firecrackers in a bottle, can, or a container of any kind.
- Choose a site that is away from flammable material.
- Keep a bucket of water handy to put out fires and fireworks that don’t go off. Never try to relight them.
- Any eye injury should be seen by an emergency room doctor. Never press, rub, or touch an injured eye.